Monday, May 2, 2011

Getting Back to Business

I've received dozens of inquiries as to why I had not been keeping my blog up to date.  In fact, I heard from people all over the globe that I had no idea were following my ramblings and often, reading all the way back to my first entries.  I was chuffed.


Well here's the deal...

I put away my writer's cap for a few months, because I began to feel that I was talking more and doing less.

It's not true, really.  I'm just kind of tough on myself, which is the result of being self-employed for 30 years.  None the less, I felt I had to stop writing for a while and get out into the field and do more doing.

Fortunately, in the last five months the studio has been jammed with new projects, acquired several new clients and purchased a state-of-the-art camera.  Sarah and I are moving forward and making significant progress in a very sluggish economy and I am truly thankful for the blessings bestowed upon us.


Best of all, we have found a great deal of joy and artistic direction in filming New York City.   Getty Images has proven to be a decent stock footage partner.  We now have hundreds of video clips online and our images have been seen on everything from CSI to CNN to SNL.

Even more important than finding the time to do all this new work, Sarah and I have gone out of our way to find the time to enjoy each other and our beautiful daughter, Ellie, who just last week, celebrated her 2nd birthday.  What an amazing thing that is!


                      (Sorry Eric... I couldn't help myself.)

At a time when most workers and business owners are looking toward retirement, I am more stoked than ever about the type of work we do, the people we work with and some of the brilliant and talented professionals that I have had the great honor of swapping industry stories with.

I look forward to more!

Chuck's Bio on Sony's VideOn Network

duckyou.com

No comments:

Post a Comment